Friends who are strong where we are weak

Ever since I learned how dangerous coats in car seats are, I've wanted our son to have a car seat poncho. I got quotes on them from some out of town friends for upwards of $50, so when I saw a cute winter blanket on sale at Target for $3, I decided to take matters into my own hands...:)

I bought said small blanket, cut a slit in it that was the right size for a baby head, and began using it that same day as a car seat poncho. It was adorable, though amateur-ish at best, and probably not likely to last a long time, but accomplished its purpose for the time being.

One of the friends I admire most joined us for a small family birthday celebration recently, and when she walked in, her son was wearing a very cool, perfectly made poncho. Clearly she can sew and I cannot :). I raved and raved over it and laughed for quite a while at the contrast between it and my own homemade poncho. You can imagine my surprise when my son then at that same party opened up a poncho she made just for him! It was darling, well-made, and such an example of a friend filling in another's weakness.

Here's to being okay with knowing what we are good at and NOT good at as moms, and letting others fill our gaps and be strong in our areas of weakness. It is such a blessing to have friends like her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Only Knew the Mountain that Was Moving Before Your Eyes

Hard

How One Day Can Change Everything