Hard

I felt like such a failure.

We were late to the doctor's office for my daughter's appointment,
then our ride was late to pick us up (I can't drive right now because
of my foot injury) and so we sat outside in the sun which added insult
to injury because she was already feeling overheated.

My daughter wasn't happy with how the appointment went, or with
wanting to go in the first place, and thought the treatment didn't
work because she felt worse afterwards.

"But none of those things are your fault!" my friend said. "And what
you did was extraordinary! You got her (with help) to an appointment
2.5 hours away, and got her in there and through her treatment even
with a broken foot! That's like gold medal material! You took her to
the best doctor, to give the treatment the very best shot at working!
You listened compassionately to her as she complained even though you
wanted to complain too. You held her even though you were weary. You
did it, mama!"

Oh, how much I needed those words. Until I heard them, I'm not even
sure I recognized how hard what I had done was. So thankful for other
mamas cheering us on, and such a reminder that we need each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Only Knew the Mountain that Was Moving Before Your Eyes

How One Day Can Change Everything