Depends who you are traveling with...

I've driven through three snowstorms lately and have had two
dramatically different experiences.

The first was a white out only about two miles from my house. I was
alone, in a zone where cell service cuts out, and very shaken up. I
couldn't see the sides of the road or what was in front of me. I made
it out safely, but it took a few weeks to recover from the overwhelm.

The other two were less overwhelming - even though the traffic
conditions were worse. One was a combination of blizzard and fog
simultaneously. The other involved my car acting up in extremely cold,
icy conditions.

The difference? Who was with me for the ride. I did not feel
overwhelmed when I had my friend my my side in the ice or my spouse by
my side in the cold. I knew whatever happened, we would get through it
together.

Does life right now feel like a dangerous blizzard? Could it feel more
like a beautiful sleigh ride if we saw God right there next to us, or
asked him to drive? Instead of focusing on what's ahead and beside us
this week, let's focus on who is with us for the ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Only Knew the Mountain that Was Moving Before Your Eyes

Hard