God, could you move this mountain?

I sat across from this mountain (pictured) at a recent meeting with the ministry
where I work. The person leading our devotional that evening asked,
"what mountain do you wish could be moved in your life?"

The thought that immediately came to me was, "our daughter's."

She is facing major medical issues right now, and it seems like one
after another after another keep piling up on her. The weight of it
seems crushing for a tiny 48 pound person who still needs her teacher
to help her with her hair on picture day.

We are doing everything we can to support her. She's in play therapy
to help her process what is going on and the therapist is amazing. My
prayer is that with the therapist's help and our support, she w
ill
build resilience and not be traumatized by all she is facing.

But, oh, how much I'd like to see her mountain moved. She has moments
that remind me of the version of herself she was before she got all
this rotten news and started feeling so crummy- moments of pure joy,
peace, and 6-year-old-ness. The contrast between those moments and
when she's feeling terrible make my stomach hurt.

I hate what she's going through. I hate that she doesn't feel like
herself. I hate that it takes so much effort for her to make it
through meals, to school and to fall asleep because of the pain she's
in. I hate that her mountain hasn't been moved yet.


But I am believing that the most important word there is "yet"...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Only Knew the Mountain that Was Moving Before Your Eyes

Hard

How One Day Can Change Everything