Surefootedness...

On the way to school one year my daughter noticed beautiful horses in a field covered with snow. 

"Can you ever ride horses in the snow, mom?"

I proceeded to tell her about one of my favorite horses of all time, who loved to run in the snow outside. 

"There were a few horses I had growing up who I wouldn't have trusted enough to ride them at a gallop outside in the snow - it could be unsafe. But this horse, he was so surefooted, I had him for three years and he never missed a step."

He was a jumper, an eventer actually, who taught me to event even though I was quite a novice at me. He got every step and every stride right. In other ways, he was imperfect... he was fast, he liked to pull, he had a mind of his own, etc. But when it came to be surefooted, he was the best.

What would it look like for you to be surefooted in this season? In other ways, we may be imperfect. But could our faithfulness and the ground we are standing on in Christ create a surefootedness that got us where we needed to go, and let us "run in the snow" (live life to the fullest) in the meantime?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Only Knew the Mountain that Was Moving Before Your Eyes

Hard

How One Day Can Change Everything