Day 2: Prayer (Defined as Talking to God)

I always joke that I was not given the gift of prayer but I caught it like a cold because I was surrounded by so many people who had it. I used to think it didn't come naturally to me but I've found that it's like a muscle, the more I use it, the more "in shape" it becomes, and suddenly muscle memory takes over and I don't even realize I'm doing it.

I won't reinvent the wheel here because there are incredible resources on prayer out there. Some of my favorite books are: Praying Like Jesus, Praying Scripture for your Children, and The Practice of the Presence of God. Online I like "31 Days of Praying for Our Children."

Today I'm going to glance through a few of these. And I'm going to try to pray conversationally throughout the day and invite my daughter into that as well, rather than just at the end of the day. I used to do that a lot, actually, until one day in the car I said something like "God, we're going to need Your help to get through this traffic safely" and she responded "don't call me God!"  I'd love to talk to Him casually so often that she becomes used to it and doesn't wonder to whom in the world I'm talking.

Day 2: Prayer. Simply defined as talking to God.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Only Knew the Mountain that Was Moving Before Your Eyes

Hard

How One Day Can Change Everything