Day 6: Modeling

Jesus was the ultimate role model.

He was so much more than that, yes, but I don't think we can miss that part of him.

His actions reflected his values, his words, his truth.

I was talking to a friend last week about the fact that lately, mine don't.

Not in big ways - but in small, subtle ways. In parenting especially.

I'm impatient, I'm controlling, I'm quick to get angry and want my way.

Even though I value things like patience, flexibility, kindness and selflessness.

There's a major disconnect.

On my worst days, I'm a bad example.

I want that to stop.

I don't want to walk around saying, "do as I say, not as I act" to my three year old.

So I've asked my friend to hold me accountable. And I'm going to start thinking before I act. Is this modeling the type of behavior I want imitated? I realize that sounds so simplistic, and so basic. But it's so important. I'm so thankful Jesus modeled for us how to live, and I want to point toward him by the way I am each day - not by the way I'm not!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Only Knew the Mountain that Was Moving Before Your Eyes

Hard

How One Day Can Change Everything