Day 27: Starting Over

Grace is so integral to the character of Jesus. He gives us the opportunity for a fresh start. I'm not very good at starting over though.

This morning started in the garbage.

Literally.

I cleaned up some orange peel from the kitchen table and accidentally wiped Bailey's favorite ring right into the trash with it. She was horrified!
I offered to try to dig it out. And I was incredibly grossed out. It was buried in there with things like orange peel and egg shells and really quite disgusting. And somehow, in an amazing act that seemed to defy the laws of physics, it was on the very bottom, underneath everything, even though it was the most recent thing to go in there.

I got it out. But I was in a terrible mood at that point. And I wasn't very good at starting over.

What would it look like to start over on a day like that? I know people who when they think they "wake up on the wrong side of bed" will literally go back to bed and re-enact getting up to reset their brain and I think that sounds so silly, but maybe that's exactly what I need to do.

Or to step away, take a few deep breaths, distract myself, or pray for peace in the midst of a rough start. I'm not sure. But I'm going to ponder about it today and see if I can figure that out. If I can get a fresh start. I think that's a part of leading my kid toward Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Only Knew the Mountain that Was Moving Before Your Eyes

Depends who you are traveling with...

Hard